An eggshell is defined as the outer protection of an egg, which varies widely among species... Not to get all metaphorical or anything, but just follow me...I'm like an egg. I have a hard exterior to crack and from the outside I seem very one dimensional. But on the inside, I'm growing and evolving everyday, just waiting to hatch and break out of my shell. I am misjudged on the daily, and I'm sure the rest of the population can relate. I want my shell to be left as naturally blank as possible for me to paint on my own. That way I could give a glimpse of who I really am... This blog is my easel; so let me paint! This is what I'm all about beneath the hard outer shell. Like it, love it, or leave it.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pin her up on the Wall Boys/Confidence=Biggest Sexy (Part 2: Trends)






This second half has an underlying theme of Female Empowerment for sure. This piece is all about the old school, pin-up babes back in the day who exuded massive amounts of confidence. Forget those Flappers who shimmied their way to an -almost- stripper status, its all about the strong woman who could do it all on her own. "WHO NEEDS A MAN!" This was the mindset of the women during the World Wars. Their husbands left them to take care of the house, kids, and yet they still had time to be beautiful. This 'independence' era for females made for the strongest generation of women to this day in my opinion.... Love you Grandmammy Shirley (you're my rock)!
Getting to the point, most of the looks that Urban O pulled were vintage, florals, tie-ups (button ups that wouldn't button but tie high above the waist exposing stomach) tubes, and even a totally Marilyn Monroe -esk dress. Peep the photos attached.

ALSO! Bandanas are making a comeback (more so for all you fashionista girls than guys). You don't have to be a gang-banger to sport your fashion. I mean, if the bandana makes you feel hard like Rihanna, more power to ya! Just refrain from putting guns in the air, only peace signs please.
In my personal opinion, these items will be trends continuing into summer season, so go out and try on some of these styles. See if you feel like yourself in any...I'll bet you catch the powerful, confident attitude and feel proud to be a woman. Ps. For all you males out there, don't think I forgot about you in this post.... You need to get yourself a girly with this attitude. She's bossy! Xoxo SP

No comments:

Post a Comment